Skip to content
- Created Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plan to give key employees financial incentive to stay with company. As part of the NQDC Plan, we also re-structured governing documents (including management rights of shareholders and directors) in order to ensure NQDC Plan participants were adequately protected.
- Structure and implement new employee on-boarding process and Employee Handbook, to minimize risk of violating HR laws and to give company flexibility in managing employee roles.
- Advised and negotiated purchase of a fluid filtration and purification equipment manufacturer and distributor. Key issues involved included tax structuring, Purchase Price Allocation, post-closing adjustments, and negotiation of bank financing.
- Helped a client avoid breaking HR laws and navigate the complex world of coordinating FMLA Leave with Short and Long Term Disability Benefits, Worker’s Compensation Benefits, and Paid-Time-off. The rules are exceedingly complex and there is no single rule that can be applied to all situations.
- Through a comprehensive analysis of federal and state laws, we succeeded in preventing the disclosure of confidential client information that was requested under a Freedom of Information Act request.
- Saved client over $100,000 in IRS assessed Trust Fund Recovery penalty and taxes, based on successful Appeals Brief.
- Advised client and developed structure for tax-free reorganization of x-ray imaging company.
- Negotiate numerous office leases in New York city, Pennsylvania and throughout the mid-Atlantic for workforce development company. Key issues involved including ensuring client had the right to terminate lease with minimal expense, and integrating terms of government contracts.
- Probate and Trust administration of multi-million dollar estate. Mediate disputes among family members without litigation, re-negotiate loan terms with banker, and assist in transition company management to new owner.